Thursday, March 26, 2009

Feelings....

Why do we allow ourselves to be led by our feelings? We "feel" like eating, so we eat, not necessarily because we are hungry, but because we "feel" like it. We don't "feel" so good, so we don't go to worship service, or work, or to a planned meeting. I would submit that our adversary may have some influence on our feelings. My point is, maybe we can't and perhaps shouldn't trust our feelings/emotions.

I heard a story today, I will try to re-cap it. The devil decided he would "go-out-of-business". So, he decided to have a "liquidation sale". Everything must go. As people were mingling in and out, they couldn't help but notice one item that was priced extremely higher than all the others. One person stopped and asked the devil, "What is that, and why does it cost so much more than everything else?". The devil replied, "well is is priced so high, because it is so effective". "You see, that is discouragement; I use it on people who are headed in the right direction." "I slap a little discouragement on them, and boom, they give up." "I can use it over and over, and they never even know that it's me messing with them."

Wow, isn't that true? We start something new, whether its a new ministry, relationship, job, or whatever, with so much enthusiasm and energy. Then, out of nowhere, we start to "feel" discouraged. If only we could see the whole picture, then we would press on to the goal.

I encourage you today, whatever it is that has discouraged you, ask God to remove it from your life. He has said some wonderful things about us (the believer) in His Word. I encourage you to read His letter to you, and find out what He really thinks of you. Don't let your feelings affect your flight. Speak to things that aren't, as though they are.

No comments: