Monday, May 4, 2009

Whose Is It?????

How often do we talk about our stuff? We make comments like "My car, my house, my camper, my clothes, my neighborhood, my land, my apartment, my, my, my......". The list never ends. Did you know that the bible says that everything on the earth belongs to God????? Why do we have that idea that anything actually belongs to us?

I think we have had a horrible dis-service committed to us. We live in a "I want it, and I want it now" society. What would it look like if we understood that we are just stewards (care takers) of God's stuff that He has allowed us to use?

I have been reading a book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It is about changing the way you think about money. One thing that really stood out today is that poor people are poor because they have poor spending habits.

Think about it, do you need a drink every time you go to the gas station? How about making coffee before you leave home? What about taking a snack in your lunch box, instead of buying one from the vending machine? Not to mention our habit of choice.

I have witnessed over the last two weeks a good friend of mine stop smoking after 40 years. What a great testimony of God's grace being sufficient for all our needs.

Be a good steward of what God has blessed you with.

1 comment:

CupofJoe said...

wonderful reminder!