Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The end is better than the beginning??????

In Ecclesiastes 7, we are told that death is better than birth. What in the world does that mean? Most people are really scared of death. Why are we scared of death? Why are we scared to meet our creator? I bet most of us are scared of death, because we aren't sure what the "after life" holds. We ask questions such as "What will FOREVER be like?", "What will Jesus say about the sins I comitted?", etc. I understand the bible to say that when we ask forgiveness for our sins, they are remembered no more.

However, that is not the point today. Today, I want to explore why death could be better than birth. I wonder if it is because when one is born, his or her life is like a blank slate. Nothing is on it. But, when one dies, he or she has a "life" full of memories, conquests, and even families. I want to encourage you today, to prepare for the next season. We all experience seasons in our life. When one season dies, a new one is born. I bet that is what makes "death" better than birth, the fact that the "old" is passed away and the "new" is coming.

No comments: