Saturday, May 9, 2009

Be an Example.......

I often hear people saying, "Well it is my life, I will live it however I want". I hear them saying this in response to having a foul mouth, being a "slave" to some habit, or just about their "character" in general. I often times am reminded about the verse in Romans 14 verse 13. It talks about not being a "stumbling block" to a brother. Now, this means that when someone serves their conviction by not eating meat, then don't go sit down in front of them and encourage them to join you in eating that 72oz steak.

I encourage you to read and consider Romans 14 today. The whole chapter talks about doing whatever you do to glorify the Lord.
First Timothy 4:12 tells us to set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

Peter tells us in the second chapter in his first epistle that we should "pay the prices when we do wrong, but we should be more commended when we suffer for doing good, just as Jesus did.

20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
22"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."

So, the next time you are faced with that situation, ask yourself "Can this bring glory to the Lord?".

1 comment:

CupofJoe said...

great WORD my brother!