Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where should I live?????

I often times think that I have all the answers. That may be a quality (or deficiency) that was passed to me from my mother (sorry mom). But, when I get that way, I am being proud. The bible is clear when it says "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble". So that leaves me with the question, "Where should I live?".

Psalm 91 says:
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

This chapter has quickly become my favorite. It is very practical for everyday living. It is full of promises if we truly believe what God has said. I encourage you to read on. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2091;&version=31;

I have been struggling lately with "my purpose". I believe that God has a purpose for me, and everyone else. But, I am constantly struggling with my arroagance about providing for my family, and God's promises that He shall supply all my NEEDS according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

I pray today that I can rest assured that those promises are for me and my family, and that I can truly say "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Whom I trust.

Decide where you will spend your time, talent and treasure (money). Will you "DWELL" (that means live) in the shelter of the Most High?

No comments: