Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Is there an Absolute Truth?????

Absolutely, there is. I will tell you about Him at the end of today's post. Many people today believe that the bible is open to personal interpretation. That infers that the bible is only true relative to the person interpreting it.

However, if you recall that Jesus said in John chapter 14 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well." Therefore, I would submit that all churches are teaching "the truth" as long as they are keeping Jesus Christ in the center.

We have all been raised in a society that belittles and rags churches and people of different denominations. But, if you recall the people that Jesus reached out to, he never withdrew himself from anyone, especially not those who weren't raised like He was. The one instance that could be argued was when He left His hometown of Nazareth because of the unbelief of the citizens there. But most every where else He went, He Loved the un-lovely, and Cared for the un-caring, and Healed the Hurting.

It is important to remember that with every miracle recorded in the bible, the receiver of the miracle always had to act in obedience to receive the miracle.

I pray that we can all be Obedient to the call that God has placed on our lives.

No comments: