Friday, April 17, 2009

Anyone Tired?

We are all aware of the fast paced, hurried society we live in. We all seem to be pulled in 10 different directions all at once. Sometimes rest is the best thing when a person is tired. I know I always love to get a good nap in.


Jesus said in Matthew chapter 11 that if we come to him, we will find rest."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I think that the key to this is coming and allowing Him to change our way of thinking. We are told that we should be "transformed" by the renewing of our mind.

Allow Him to purge all the thoughts, ideas, pre-cincieved notions of what our schedules should look like, completely out of your mind. Then, slow down and listen to the schedule God would like you to keep.

No comments: