Thursday, April 23, 2009

Are you a Leader?????

You say that you would rather follow than lead. Many people just don't want to "own" the responsibility that comes with being a leader. They think "if I fail, it may cost me my job, or my family, or someone's life, or money, or....." the list goes on and on. I can relate, when we try to do things in the natural, (by our own power, without involving God), there is a lot of added, un needed pressure. But, when we are doing the things that He has called us to do, then we have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead at work in us, helping us to complete the good works that He has set forth for us.

I would be willing to bet that everyone reading this is a leader to someone. Stop and think, if you have children, you are a leader, if you help coach a little league team, you are a leader, if you have a younger sibling, you are a leader, if you have nieces and nephews, you are a leader.

So it is settled, we are all leaders in some fashion. Now, the most important part, STOP saying things like, "I'm not smart enough, I'm not good enough, No one will listen to me, I can't talk well enough". Those are lies straight from the enemy. When Moses was called by God, he said "I can't speak well enough", God responded by reminding Moses of Who made is mouth.

If you will step out in faith, seeking to glorify the Father, the Bible says that our works will prosper. That means if we have the right motives (that would be to glorify God and not ourselves) then whatever we do will be a success.

No comments: