Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Judge..... on intentions or actions?

We all judge people. Even though we shouldn't, we do. We are told "judge not, lest ye be judged". That says you will be judged with the same measure that you judge others. We judge people by their smell, their clothes, their car, or even their job. Why????? We should all attempt to give the same grace and mercy that God shows us, to others.

Often times we judge others by his or her actions. We decide that they just don't measure up. They don't give enough effort, they are competent, of they just did it wrong. We judge other by their actions. Then, we judge ourselves by our intentions. We say well, "I meant to do something nice for my wife, but I forgot" or, "I didn't mean to hurt his feelings, but he deserved it".

Sorry is not really relevant when you follow it with "but". It is like saying I'm sorry for hurting you, but you shouldn't have hurt me first. Try each day to judge others less and less. If God judged us by the same standards we judge others, none of us would measure up.

No comments: