Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Bread Good Meat

I am reminded of a dinner-time prayer that my childhood pastor once gave. He was asked to bless the food at dinner one night. He agreed and this is what he said "Good bread, good meat, good God, let's eat." As you can probably guess, he was scolded pretty bad for that.

You might wonder "why is Randy thinking about this?" That is a good question. I bet it could be that I haven't had bread of meat for a couple of days, and nor do I plan to. You see, our church is in the beginning week of a "Daniel Fast". That means no meat, milk, eggs, bread, sugar, caffiene, etc for three weeks. Nothing processed for 21 days. That's right, fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I hope and pray that I can replace bad eating habits with good spiritual habits. Habits such as continual prayer and eating the Word of God. Jesus said "man shouldn't live on bread alone, but by every word of God".

No comments: