Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Making Plans

How many of us spend most of our day planning tomorrow? We make plans for dinner, plans for the weekend, plans for vacation, and even plan our future. The bible tells us to Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

We often times wonder why our plans don't work. I like to say "plans are made to be broken, so don't bother making them". I don't really recommend anyone to not make plans. Maybe we just shouldn't put so much stock into our plans. I usually get upset when plans that I have stressed over don't come to fruition. That is why I try not to get too hung up on plans. I think we should all listen to what God says to us and about us, and make our plans accordingly.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”- Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments: