Friday, December 26, 2008

Will the circle be unbroken??

As I was driving to Louisiana, I was reminded of a conversation I had with my grandmother several months back. We were talking about life, God, and Family. She told me that her dad (my great grandfather), always loved a song that talked about an unbroken circle. I am still not completely sure what the circle refers to, but here's my best attempt.

First, I am drawn to the idea of the "circle of life". We all have gifts, talents, and abilities that we should use for the betterment of society. I just wonder if that could be the circle of the song. If we die prematurely, or never really submit to our Lord, there's a good chance that we will not fulfill our destiny, therefore allowing the circle to break.

My second thought on this song, suggests that when we all get to we are going, our circle of influence (friends, family, loved ones) will all have a place in that great mansion. However, if those that we love, haven't submitted and accepted Jesus as Lord, there place in the circle may be vacant, thereby allowing the circle to be broken.

No matter where we are, or what we are doing, we are talking to people, and people are watching us. We have been given the great task of taking the message of Jesus to the rest of the world. We think of those far off islands, but we can start right at home. If the "joy of the Lord is our strength", then shouldn't we share it?

No comments: