Thursday, December 18, 2008

Saint or Sinner

We have all heard someone say "I am just a sinner, saved by grace". I can agree with most of that. I think we should all be careful of calling ourselves sinners. The word sinner suggests a present tense connotation. I think we could and should change one word in that phrase; change the am to a was. The moment we repented (turned away) of our sins, and confessed Jesus as our Lord, the Bible tells us that our sins are remembered no more. It even goes as far as to say that they (the sins) have been moved away from us "as far as the east is from the west". I challenge anyone to put a measuring tape on that. No one knows for sure just where the east ends and the west begins.

So please, the next time you are about to call your self a sinner, remember what the bible says about you. We are Priests and Saints, joint heirs with Jesus, the righteousness of God in Christ.

No comments: