Sunday, January 30, 2011

Who are you?

Do you ever wonder why it is, no matter how hard we try, we always seem to think about, or do things that don't line up with our claim to Christianity? Maybe it's just me. It might be as simple as gossiping, or harboring unforgiveness, or being rude to a friend or loved one. Whatever the "sin" may be...... why do we fall into It?

I was reading in Romans 8 today, and was intrigued by the idea of our two natures. We have a "natural man", the flesh and blood, bien into a fallen sinful world, thus born into a sinful nature. This man thinks about the problems of life, the devastating news heard on major media outlets. He thinks of himself first, do I have enough money, do I have enough food, do I need new clothes, do I need my hair and nails done, who am I "mad" at today.
Then there's the spiritual man. This man is a new creation, not condemned, of the kingdom of light, a royal priesthood, the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ. This man considers others before himself. This man thinks on the noble, pure things of God. This man asks the Spirit of God to control and direct his thoughts. This man doesn't fear, nor does he become anxious for anything. This man is blessed beyond measure.

Which man are you allowing to control your thoughts, decisions, and ultimately your life? Have you thanked God for His free gift of salvation through His son Jesus today? Better yet, are you living a life worthy of the gift you have been offered?

I would encourage everyone today to be courageously committed to Creator God today. Be different.

No comments: