Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Submit Yourselves.....

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:21

As Christian husbands, wives, children, cousins, or even friends; we are commanded to submit ourselves to each other. What does that mean? When you hear the word submit, you probably automatically think of allowing yourself to be dominated. However, I would submit that is not what is intended. We are commanded to exhort and encourage our fellow man. I believe that the word submit would imply that we are to support/edify our friends and especially our families. I wonder why it is so easy to be impatient, rude, and abrupt with the people we claim to love the most. For instance why can I be really rude to my wife in one instant, and in the next, answer a phone call with the most polite and caring attitude and voice that you could imagine. We are to submit to our spouses. We are to do our part in helping them reach their goals in life.

Be submissive!

No comments: